Foreign tourists more than 48 nations could travel to Thailand by airplane and stay for not more than 30 days without visa.

For some country groups may need to apply for visa as specified, but if 30 days are not enough, you could go to the immigration to extended for not more than 15 days at Hat Yai district, Songkla or Mueng district, Satun. If you want to stay in Thailand more than 15 days, tourists need to travel out of Thailand to the neighbor countries which has Thai embassy, from Trang or Satun could travel by car on Hat Yai district route in Songkla to Penang in Malaysia to apply for tourist visa then could stay in Thailand for 60 more days. In present, there is a lot of tour companies in Trang and Satun which has a van service or arrange the service tour package for Visa Run. Li-pe island has open the special immigration (outside port area) at Pattaya beach near Bundaya Resort in the travel season from the end of October to the end of May only, for convenience of foreign tourists who travel by furry or speedboat from Langkawi in Malaysia. For the foreign tourists who stayed at Li-pe island, if needed to travel back to Langkawi in Malaysia please apply 1 hour in advance before departing. For the foreign tourist who stayed more than the specified time in visa, could not apply for departing from this Li-pe island special immigration, you need to go to Satun immigration office, which could extend your visa for 15 days, please prepare your passport-size picture.
Immigration Office, Songkla
103 Phet Kasem Road, Hat Yai sub-district
Hat Yai district, Songkla
Tel. 074-257 019
Immigration Office, Satun
Buriwanich Road, Phiman sub-district,
 Mueang Satun district, Satun 91000
Tel. 074-711080
Immigration Special Checkpoint (outside port area)
In front of Bundaya Resort
Pattaya beach, Li-pe island, Satun 91000
Tel. 074-711080